Nuclear power, a leading industrial sector, represents a considerable global market in countries accelerating their energy transition to a low-carbon world.
Whether for power generation, the nuclear fuel cycle, scientific research, medical or defence purposes, nuclear energy is an essential resource. High technology, research and development, safety and security, extremely rigorous processes... in all these fields, the nuclear industry is governed by very strict rules.
The contemporary challenges of the nuclear industry are as follows:
- To have safe and efficient nuclear infrastructures in order to supply low-carbon electricity at any time of the day and year.
- To manage and carry out research programmes based on world-class facilities at the cutting edge of science and technology.
- To develop know-how in the transformation and control of nuclear materials, for the climate, for health and for a resource-efficient world, today and tomorrow, that are the small, modular and advanced reactors.
- Implement innovative technological solutions contributing to the nuclear power of tomorrow.
- To meet the challenges of nuclear deterrence.