What are the new challenges that will mark the future of data centers?
Strong growth in the volume of digital data will continue in the coming years for several reasons:
- The shift to the cloud is accelerating: more than half of IT spending will be in the cloud by 2025, up from 41% in 2022 (Gartner),
- To meet the strong regulatory requirements on data security, major cloud computing and digital players will increase the number of local establishments of sovereign clouds, such as Accenture in Europe,
- The 5G equipment market will grow by more than 10% per year until 2028 (Absolute Reports),
- IoT, Smart Buildings, Smart Cities, medical data, blockchain and metaverse will greatly increase the need for digital data storage and processing,
- The global Internet data center market, estimated at $59B in 2020, is projected to reach $143B in 2027 (Research and Markets),
- In 2030, the global market for data center power solutions will exceed $33 billion, compared to $19 billion in 2021 (P&S Intelligence).